Find us at oregonadvising.org
The first OAAA Leadership Committee will be introduced at the 2017 Oregon Academic Advising Association conference on Friday, June 23, at Oregon State University. Don’t miss it! Register now!
President: Elizabeth Brand
Vice President: Carey Hilbert
Secretary: Sarah Kyllo
Treasurer: Brenda Sallee
Communication Coordinator: Alexis Terrell
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the inaugural call to establish the OAAA Leadership Committee.
Self-Nominations due by 5pm October 31, 2016
The Leadership Committee will manage the affairs of the Association between its meetings, will represent the Association, will make recommendations to the Association, will perform any duties stated in the Bylaws, and will act as directed by the Association
Finalizing the OAAA bylaws shall be among the initial tasks of the Leadership Committee
Ongoing Committee Responsibilities
- The Leadership Committee shall be responsible for meetings of the Association.
- The Leadership Committee shall prepare an annual budget.
- The Leadership Committee shall prepare and submit an annual report at the Annual Meeting.
- The Leadership Committee determines the amount of annual dues, subject to ratification by the membership.
- The Leadership Committee must approve all contracts, and/or other agreements obligating the organization.
- The Leadership Committee may authorize expenditures not included in the annual budget and may authorize variations in budgeted expenditures as necessary to fulfill Association goals.
- The Leadership Committee may meet informally or by phone/web at its discretion OAAA sponsors the Statewide Drive-In Conference. All positions serving on the Leadership Committee are expected to contribute the planning of each annual conference. Roles to be determined in concert with the current Conference Chair and local needs.
There will be nine members of the OAAA Leadership Committee. Voting members are President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Communications Coordinator. Non-voting members (will) include: Past-President, two NACADA region 8 Oregon Liaisons, and the current OR Academic Advising Conference chair.
President: The President shall preside at all meetings of the Association and Leadership Committee. The President is generally responsible for overseeing all of the Association’s activities. The President may call special meetings of the Leadership Committee and will serve as an ex-officio member of all standing and ad hoc committees. After completing their term, the President serves one term as Past-President.
Vice President: The Vice President shall perform the duties and responsibilities of the President in the President’s absence, and when so acting, shall exercise the powers of the President. VP also serves as a designated back up to the Treasurer when/if necessary.
Secretary: The Secretary shall keep records of all meetings of the Association and the Leadership Committee and shall give notice of special and regular meetings to all members.
Treasurer: The Treasurer will have custody of all OAAA funds and shall maintain such deposits in a federally insured depository institution approved by the Leadership Committee. The Treasurer shall also maintain a ledger accounting for all receipts and disbursements, provide year-to-date and annual reports at Leadership Committee and Annual Meetings, and have the books available for audit prior to the Annual Meeting. The fiscal year will be from September 1st through August 31st.
Communication Coordinator: The Communication Coordinator shall maintain the Association’s website and coordinate communication with the membership by listserv groups, social media, newsletters, or other mediums as approved by the Leadership Committee.
Inaugural Leadership Committee members will serve either two or three year terms to avoid rotating the entire committee off at once. Thereafter, terms will be two years in length.
- Self-Nominations are due by 5pm (PST) October 31, 2016
- Elections will be held (electronically) November 2016
- Voting eligibility: An individual holding an advising/academic counseling related position (professional advising or faculty advising) in higher education in Oregon
- Election results will be announced in December 2016
- Though they do not officially take office until June 2017, elected Leadership Committee members should plan to participate in a planning meeting in March 2017.
- Term of Office officially starts at the Oregon Academic Advising Conference – June 23, 2017
The OAAA Leadership Committee Self-Nomination form was distributed via email on September 16, 2016: If you like to receive the link, please contact email@example.com
No changes of substance were made as we are awaiting the presence of an elected leadership committee to truly finalize the bylaws. However, a few minor adjustments to language were made in advance of the June 22, 2016 Oregon Statewide Academic Advising Conference.
Please use this brief Qualtrics form to provide feedback on the proposed association and the draft bylaws. Thank you!